Skip to main content

Vocational Rehabilitation Funds

These programs may affect your award package. Please contact the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office prior to submitting your authorization if you are concerned about any award changes.

  1. Request authorization from your California State Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) Office.

    1. Find the DOR office located near you, or call the San Diego County Department of Rehabilitation's District Office at (619) 767-2100.

    2. Ask for an authorization form or letter to be mailed or faxed to Student Financial Solutions at UC San Diego:

      University of California, San Diego
      Student Financial Solutions
      9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0025
      La Jolla, CA 92093-0025
      Fax: (858) 822-2713

    3. Request authorization as soon as possible before the quarter begins, so payment can be posted on time to your student account (see Billing Due Dates).

  2. Verify UC San Diego's receipt of the authorization.

    1. Contact Student Financial Solutions, (858) 822-4727.

    2. After receiving the DOR's authorization, Student Financial Solutions will credit your student account with the vocational rehab funds.

  3. Check your student account to verify payment.

    1. View your bill online.

    2. UC San Diego invoices the DOR for payment each authorized quarter.

  4. For additional services, register with UC San Diego's Office for Students with Disabilities.

    1. Visit the Office for Students with Disabilities at 202 University Center (map), or call (858) 534-4382.

    2. Find out whether other services are available to you.

  5. Monitor your status.

    1. If your status changes or you are no longer eligible for vocational rehabilitation funds, you may be billed for your fees directly.