Skip to main content

International Students

International students who have been granted an F1 or F2 student visa, or a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa are not eligible to apply for financial aid. International students admitted to UC San Diego must prove that they have sufficient funds available to them to pay for their educational and living expenses. Students are encouraged to seek financial aid funds from additional sources in their home countries.

Aid for International Students

Many graduate departments award limited funding to international graduate students. Both undergraduate and graduate international students can check these sources:

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Got questions? Use this resource to find answers to all your frequently asked questions.

Learn More