Skip to main content

Receiving Your Loan

Learn how to complete the entrance loan counseling requirement so you can receive your loan.

Determine If You Must Complete Entrance Loan Counseling

  • You need to complete online entrance loan counseling if:
    • You have a student loan such as:
      • Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized
      • University Loan
      • Campus-based Loan
      • Dream Loan
      • Quon Loan
    • This is your first federal or university student loan.
  • Entrance loan counseling must be completed or your loan funds will not move to your student account.

Complete Any Necessary Paperwork

  • If you're a first-time Quon Loan and/or University Loan recipient:
    • Access the campus based promissory note/s on your Financial Aid Student Checklist.
    • Please be aware of common mistakes made when competing these forms:
      • Listing date of birth instead of listing date of completion
      • Leaving form incomplete
      • NO use of cross-out marks, whiteout, or pencil
    • The loan documents can be submitted electronically through your TritonLink checklist (recommended) or directly to Student Financial Solutions for processing.
    • If submitting the loan documents electronically, you will receive a confirmation email once completed and your checklist should be updated within 1-2 business days.
    • If submitting paper documentation, please allow 4-6 business days of processing time.
    • Mail or deliver forms to:
      Student Financial Solutions (map)
      9500 Gilman Drive, Dept. 0026
      La Jolla, CA 92093-0026

Complete the Entrance Loan Counseling